Tucson Auto Body Restoration You Can Rely On
Cutting Edge Collision Center is the one-stop auto body shop for Tucson auto restoration. We spare no details when restoring any automobile. Not only do we make cars look brand new again, but we also do so in an ecologically-sound manner. As an example, we “blast” your car’s surface using crushed walnut shells for the blast media. This product has no negative effect on the environment. By completely removing the old finish, we can start from scratch and ensure that the new finish is top notch. We make sure its application is correct. This allows us the confidence to warranty our work for as long as you own your vehicle.
Here are just a few basic things that must be done to fully and properly restore a vehicle:
- Strip down the paint, both inside and outside to the bare metal
- Sandblast or replace any panels that appear to be rusty or worn
- Prime the parts and make sure there is no settled dust on the exterior
- Remove floor and door panels, cleaning them with a solvent and assuring proper functionality
- Take out the old seats and upholstery and replace them as needed
- Clean or replace all small working parts, such as door handles, glove box buttons, sun visors, etc.
- Apply a finish that is historically original, or a color that fits your taste
Many do not realize that when a vehicle undergoes proper restoration, the body must be completely taken apart and reassembled two to three times. This allows us to paint all of the intricate areas, such as the floorboards, the inside of the doors, etc. Taking the vehicle apart and putting it back together also allows us to match up the joints and seams where panels meet panels. When we restore a vehicle, we ensure that it leaves our shop in the same, if not better, condition than it originally left the factory.
“We had a traumatic accident with our motorhome while traveling in Texas. Fortunately it was drivable and we eventually got back to our lot near Tucson. After much research, we decided on Cutting Edge for our repair, and we are glad we did! They were professional thoughout the whole process. Everything was explained clearly, we felt truly looked after, and our RV came out looking like new! They are great people to work with and we couldn’t be more pleased with the final result. Check out the before and after photos. Highly recommend!“